CEEC Requirements for
Police, Hospital, Fire, Corporate, Education, Prison, etc.,
(Only when formal endorsement is required)
- Ecclesiastical endorsement coordination with the International House of Bishops Chaplain endorser. Contact: Bishop David Scott for more information.
- Education and credentialization commensurate with required position.
- Initial applicants must be in good standing with the CEEC and the individual must obtain written permission and support from their bishop to apply for endorsement.
- Continuing Chaplains must complete 12 hours of CEU credits per year in related chaplaincy field. For example, Police chaplains should complete CEUs with organizations such as the International Conference of Police Chaplains (ICPC). Evidence of CEU credits must be recieved before revalidation of endorsement will be granted. The requirement for Continuing Education exists for 7 years from initial CEEC endorsement.
General and CEEC Requirements for
Military and VA Chaplains (US Only)
- Ecclesiastical endorsement coordination with the International House of Bishops appointee and registered CEEC Chaplain endorser. Contact: Bishop David Scott for more information.
- Minimum of two years pastoral experience. (Additionally, the CEEC requires that applicants be in good standing with the CEEC and that the individual obtain permission and support from their bishop to apply.)
- United States citizenship or one who has lawfully entered the U.S. for permanent residence.
- Bachelor's degree (120 semester hours) and a Master of Divinity or equivalent graduate degree from an in-residence program (90 semester hours) that is identified as an accredited institution as listed in the Education Directory-Colleges and Universities or an accredited school listed in the Directory, ATS Bulletin, Part 4.
- Commissioned prior to 40 years of age and before 42 with sufficient prior military service.
- Pass a military commissioning physical.
- Pass a security background investigation.
- Ability and willingness to work in the DoD directed religious accommodation environment.
- Make application to the selected branch of the Armed Forces and receive a commission from the selected branch of service.